In October of 2000 our association voted to have our name changed from the American/Canadian Log Builders' Association International to the International Log Builders' Association. Our address and contact information will remain the same; we've just changed the name to reflect our growing membership, which currently represents a dozen countries.
Founded in 1974, the International Log Builders' Association is a worldwide organization dedicated to furthering the craft of handcrafted log building, to the advancement of log builders, and to the promotion of the highest standards of their trade.
The association writes and distributes educational materials on log construction to individuals, institutions, and industry. In addition, the association provides educational services related to the craft of log building, develop and disseminate educational material and programs related to the craft, establish operating trust funds for scholarships and educational purposes.
The International Log Builders' Association is a registered nonprofit Society in Canada.
The International Log Builders' Association is affiliated with:
- Architectural Institute of British Columbia
- Association Bois Sacré TCB
- Association of Latvian Craft, The Builders Union of Latvian Chamber of Crafts LCC
- BC Log & Timber Building Industry Association
- BC Wood
- Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Canadian Wood Council
- Estonian Wooden Houses Association
- Fpinnovations - Forintek
- Great Lakes Logcrafters Association
- Interior Logging Association
- International Code Council
- Korean Log Builders Association
- Log Builders' Association New Zealand
- Northwest Community College
- Preservation Trades Network
- Swiss Logbuilders Association
- The Finnish Handcrafters Association
- Timber Frame Business Council
- Timber Framers Guild
- UK - Log Homes Council
- USDA Forest Service
- Wood Frame Technology Center