On behalf of the Board of Directors of the International
Log Builders' Association (ILBA) we would like to extend this
invitation to you to join us today. We believe that you are
someone who can benefit from and be an asset to our organization.
The ILBA was founded in 1974 (formerly known as American/Canadian Log Builders Association) as an organization for builders and others interested in log construction. We are dedicated to the advancement of log builders and to the promotion of the highest standards of their trade. We work toward our goals by distributing information and offering educational programs.
Our newsletter, Log Building News is published Four times a year. This is one of our principal outlets of up to date information about log construction. Recent articles have addressed business philosophies, several aspects of engineering, the fire resistance of logs and innovations in joinery. The timely technical information in the Log Building News is alone worth becoming a member.
One of the most important activities of the ILBA is our annual general meeting (AGM). Each spring members gather to exchange ideas and to learn more about the latest innovations in log construction. We present lectures focusing in on any one of the many facets of the log building environment. Have you found a new tool you especially like? A new way to sharpen a saw? A better way to manage the paperwork in your office, marketing your product or a jig for cutting stair stringers? Plans and photographs of projects are always in abundance, and full of new ideas to get your creativity moving. Have a question? The AGM is one place where you are likely to find more that one answer to choose from. Of course there is always good food and the opportunity to get to know other professionals in the industry. The networking that takes place is what makes this annual event so worthwhile.
Our individual membership is $125.00 CDN. Our company membership is $400.00 CDN and employees of registered companies are $75.00 CDN. We encourage all companies to join the ILBA as a company member. This will provide your company with valuable additional benefits such as your listing/website link from our website, and a listing in our printed company annual directory which is mailed to all incoming inquires.
To become a member of the ILBA simply aplly or renew on line or complete the membership application form (pdf) and submit via fax or mail.
valid for one year from date of membership purchase.
We look forward to having you join our association!
- Subscription to LBN (4 issues per year)
- Copy of Log Building Standards
- Voting privileges at Annual Meeting
- Entry into Membership Directory
- Employment service usage
- Access to members only section of website
- Membership Certificate
- Membership card
- Discounted rate on ILBA publications
- All benefits of Individual Membership
- Subscription to LBN (2 copies; issued 4 times per year)
- Employee help wanted ads on web and in LBN at no charge
- Website advertising (limitations apply, i.e., this is for selling used equipment, etc., not for the general promotion of your company)
- Special membership rates for employees
- Discount rate on Log Building Shell Contract (disk and hard copy option)
- Up to 2 listings in company directory of ILBA website
- Ability to use ILBA logo in advertising and link to ILBA website.
- All the benefits of an individual member, special membership rate.
- Only available to employees and students of a current company member.
- Please forward name and all contact info for employee.
Download Membership Application/Renewal Form (65KB pdf)
Please print out and complete the form below and return
it with your cheque or charge information.
Please make additional
copies of the Membership Form as needed.
Print out and fax, or mail with your payment to
International Log Builders' Association
PO Box 775 Lumby, BC VOE 2GO Canada
Fax: (250) 547-8775